Duroxite 101 is manufactured by depositing a chromium-rich carbide overlay on Hardox 450 backing plate. The hardfacing overlay is suitable for severe abrasive wear and impact applications.
With its optimum carbide concentration, consistently good wear resistance from top surface through 75% depth of overlay, and Hardox backing plate, Duroxite 101 provides a better combination of wear and impact resistance compared to the traditional mild steel backing overlay plate.
- Designed to better withstand plastic deformation due to its high yield strength flexing back after impact
- Stronger support due to high hardness of Hardox and better bonding between overlay and base steel
- When overlay wears off Hardox 450 backing plate will wear at a lower rate than mild steel providing a greater safety margin
- Better performance for impact situations than Duroxite 100 at elevated temperatures up to 350° C (660° F), but impact resistance is best at room temperature
Duroxite 101 is widely used in the mining, cement and power generation industries. Some specific applications include:
- Mining: Loader bucket liners, bucket lip and side shrouds, jaw shrouds
- Cement: Heel pads and dewatering conveyors
- Power: Coal discharger chutes